Friday, May 27, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken

I think it might be nice to include some meal combinations that are not necessarily involved recipes, just dinner ideas.  In that vein I want to tell you about a pre-prepared food that I buy at Sam's Club that we just love and is sooo easy and quick for those nights I just don't get to cooking something from scratch.
The nutrition for this convenience food is still quite good, and they are calorie friendly if you are watching calories. Both my kids like these, so that is a huge plus!  The price is very good for the convenience too!They are about $12.00 per bag before tax and we usually get 4-5 meals per bag, so around $3.50 per meal, and that is all 4 of us! In a pinch you can heat them in the microwave (they are fully cooked so you are just warming them through) and if you have time you can cook them in the oven in about 25 minutes. I think they are a bit better in the oven but yesterday at lunch I used the microwave!  In the winter I will make pasta and/or warm veggies and apple slices with it and in the summer I often have a tossed salad and some cold fruit.

No comments: