Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Labels

Okay, so I think it maybe helpful to set up in advance some categories for our recipes. Then each time we post a recipe we can add a corresponding label. Then if you come to the site looking for a new recipe you can just look under the labels on the side bar and find one that works for you.  I am going to make a list here of come categories, please make suggestions in the comment bar. Once we have a final list I will post it with a label link on the side bar, so if you are wondering what to label a certain recipe you can look here to find where it fits.  I am not sure if we want by type of food or by part of meal. Such as Chicken, or Main Dishes etc. I suppose we could do both, then one could find it either way.

 Salads:
    Pasta
    Greens
Soups:
     Stew
     Chili
     Soup
Bread:
     Sandwich
     Sweets
     Meal Side
Main Dishes:
     Vegetarian
     Poultry
     Beef
     Pork
     Fish
     Breakfast
Desserts:
     Cakes
     Cookies
     Brownies
     Candy
     Frozen (ice cream, sorbet)

Additional labels that we may want to add to any of the above for convienience for those with specific dietary needs:

Gluten free
Dairy free
Sugar free

1 comment:

The Gundies said...

I don't know if this counts as a category but carbs are something I need to keep an eye on. So maybe a low carb or no carb section would be helpful?