Thursday, June 14, 2012

Muffin Mix

Muffin Mix
This is a base that you can use for many different types of muffins! It is like having those little packets of Martha White in your cupboard, but instead they taste like Homemade from scratch, cause they are!!

8 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup vegetable shortening

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix Well. With a pastry blender, cut shortening into dry ingredients until evenly distributed. Putin a large air tight container. Label. Store in a  cool, dry place. Use with in 10-12 weeks. Makes about 10 cups of Muffin Mix. note: I did all the mixing in my electric mixer, it worked great.

To use this mix to make basic muffins:

2 1/3 muffin mix
1 egg
1 cup milk

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes

2 comments:

Christy said...

When I use thus mix to make muffins, what wet ingredients do I add, and how much mix do I use?

Erin Jeanne said...

Good Question Christy! I will add that to the post, but also, here it is: 2 1/3 muffin mix 1 egg 1 cup of milk. that is it!