Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mixes

So, a few months ago my mom sent me a cook book, one of hers from back in the day. I looked at it, thought it was a good idea, and then did not use it.... Until now! Two weeks ago at a Relief Society class in my Ward one of the ladies showed us some mixes she had made using what turned out to be a current printing of this book! It inspired me!  It is called the Make-a-Mix Cookery. It tells you how to make basic mixes and then gives you recipe examples to use the mix for. I have made three of the 58 mixes so far, and so far I have loved them all! For easy of finding these recipes later I am going to post them each in individual posts.  I will create a Label for Mixes and then put the various recipes under Bread, and possibly Breakfast, because that is when we use them most! :) I encourage you to try them, they rock! I have not put the numbers on them yet, but the idea is that it saves you money!

No comments: