Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

One of our favorites! It is fast, easy, and a crowd pleaser!

Ingredients:

1 lb Beef Cubes
2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
1 Pkg. Egg Noodles
2 Pkgs. Brown Gravy mix
Garlic Salt (to taste)
Nature Seasoning (to taste) -- you can use any all spice brand
Sour Cream
Butter

Directions:

Cook noodles until al dente.

In a frypan, melt about 2 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, add your mushrooms. Stir until coated and let cook for about 1 minute. Then add your beef cubes. Season with the Garlic Salt and the Nature Seasoning. Cook until beef is browned. Once the meat is done, add the Brown Gravy mix to the pan. The brand I buy is powder form and requires a cup of water per packet. If that is the case, add the amt of water called for on the back of the packets. In my case - it is 2 cups. Stir all together and cook until the gravy begins to thicken.

At this point, I will add a tablespoon of sour cream into the mix. Some people in my family don't like sour cream, but I've found it makes a richer gravy and if I sneak it in at this point, no one knows! :) Once I get it mixed in, I serve over the noodles.

You can add another dollop of sour cream on top of the mix for presentation if you'd like.

Complete the meal:

I usually serve this meal with a loaf of fresh French bread and a green salad.

1 comment:

Erin Jeanne said...

Hooray! Thanks! this sounds great!