Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baked "Fried" Chicken

This is one of my favorite go-to meals. I usually always have chicken on hand, and this recipe is E A S Y! Not to mention delicious and one of my kids' favorites (anything that scores big with the kids is high on my list!)

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Breadcrumbs
Butter
Nature Seasoning (or all spice)

Directions:

Turn the oven to 350.

Assemble your breadcrumb coating. I usually will crumble up soda crackers, or corn flakes, or old breadcrumbs. Just depends on what I have laying around the house. If I'm being super fancy, I use the breadcrumbs that come nicely crumbled in a jar. Complete with flavoring! Add to the breadcrumbs a few shakes of the Nature Seasoning. Mix.

Wash uncooked chicken breasts. Towel dry. Lay the chicken (one at a time) in the breadcrumb mixture to coat both sides.

Grease a baking dish with a little Pam or Butter. Lay the chicken in the baker parallel to each other. In between each breast, put 1 tablespoon of butter.

Place in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the breasts over and cook for an additional 30 minutes. (If your butter has boiled and evaporated out, add a few more chunks before you cook for the last 30 minutes.)

That's it! Enjoy!

Complete the meal:

I usually serve this with Rice A Roni Chicken Rice and some Frozen Peas.

1 comment:

Erin Jeanne said...

That sounds sooo good! matt and I just decided we may try that tomorrow! i always have chicken breasts in the freezer!