Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Potato Casserole

A.K.A Funeral Potatoes.  I hate referring to them that way, so in our house it is Potato Casserole!  I know there are a million different takes on this dish, here is how my little family likes them.

5 cups frozen hash browns
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk
1 can cream style corn
Salt and Pepper to taste

topping:
~ 3 cups frosted flakes crushed
3 tablespoons of butter

Mix everything together in a casserole dish. Melt butter and add to frosted flakes to make topping and sprinkle evenly over casserole.  Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until it is warm and bubbly and the frosted flakes are lightly toasted.

I like to make this as the main dish and add a green veggie and a bright fruit for one of our "meatless" meal nights.  I also like it because I can put it together a couple days in advance and then just keep it in the fridge until the night I want it!

No comments: