Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Black Bean Quesadillas

These were great! A recipe I found on Pinterest. Super simple, super quick, very little cooking so no heating up the house, and very filling! Oh and inexpensive too!

Ingredients:

2 cans black beans, rinsed
1/2 can mexicorn, drained 
1/2 - 1 cup salsa, I used 1/2 because I was afraid of it being too spicy for the kids. 
1/2 - 1 cup shredded mexiblend cheese. A spicy cheese would be good if you like spicy cheese.
 8 medium sized tortillas. I had wheat and white, both tasted good so what ever you prefer.
3 teaspoons oil, I used olive but I think regular vegetable oil would be fine.

Directions mix filling ingredients together in a bowl. Warm fry pan to slightly above medium heat, add 1 teaspoon oil and brush evenly over pan. Put filling in tortilla, put on one half so you can fold over. Place two quesadillas in the pan cook on one side about 3 minutes, so it is crisp and not floppy. Then turn and repeat. 

We all dipped ours in sour cream. I think guacamole would be good too. Enjoy!! 

No comments: